♥ I sew stuff, I crochet stuff, I make other stuff, I talk about stuff, and well...you know...stuff! ♥

February 7, 2012

#Pinaddicts challenge #1 - Crochet coasters!

I joined in with the #pinaddicts challenge over on Kerry's blog! This is such a good idea as instead of longing and envying for all the beautiful items I see on Pinterest, I make one pin idea once a month! The challenge provides me with the inclination to do something about my longing!

So February's #pinaddicts challenge was a set of crochet coasters!


This particular pattern was my intended coaster pattern but it was so poor that I practically re-wrote the whole thing! It tells you to start off with 14 tr's in the middle - all the flat circles I have ever made have started with 12, so the pattern was re-written from there on in! Even completely scrapping two rounds because they would have been massive!


I am going to eventually put these coasters up for sale on my Folksy shop, but first I want them in every colour I have of the bamboo yarn!

So here they are!



I am now going to linky myself up to the challenge blog....somehow, and have a little look at what all the other #pinaddicts have made!


12 comments:

  1. Love those coasters. I so want to learn how to crochet. I have pinned some gorgeous crochet blankets on pinterest! Love all the colours you used esp the blue one. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sew Scrumptious. It's not too hard to learn!!

      Delete
  2. Oooh lovely!!! Can you share your pattern now.....please, pretty please!!! I need me some of those!!! Lol :) fab idea #pinaddicts

    Jo x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea. The coasters are so sweet and the colours .... yummy! Hope you have a good day and I can't wait to see what you make next! Love Katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie, such kind words :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh.My.Word I'm in love with a set of coasters... !!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! Go you! Thanks SO much for joining in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you, you are so blooming talented lady! I have never tried crochet - would probably mess it up big time. Love these and the colours are fab! I'm hosting #pinaddicts no.2 in March! Hooray x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Positive thinking will help! Don't put yourself down before you've even tried!

      Can't wait for #2!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. They look lovely and gorgeous colours. The yarn looks really nice, what is bamboo yarn? Where did you buy it? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! I really need to learn how to crochet! x

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love receiving and reading your comments and appreciate the time spent when you do, so thank you very much ♥