♥ I sew stuff, I crochet stuff, I make other stuff, I talk about stuff, and well...you know...stuff! ♥

February 17, 2012

A giraffe called Fiona!

Ta-dah - I give you, Fiona the giraffe!! 

I made this little cutie this morning!! My daughter, Isobel, loves giraffes, so as I crocheted the elephant for Saffron I kinda thought I ought to make something for Isobel too! 

The pattern was from the same lady that made the elephant one, Irene Strange. Again, it was very easy to follow with no mistakes made along the way! The finishing touches were fiddly and laborious but it generally was quicker than the elephant to crochet! 

I used a 3.5mm hook and bamboo and cotton yarn! 

I was meant to put toy plastic beads in the legs to weigh it down plus a wire in the neck, but I didn't and it is still fine! Isobel will be cuddling it, not standing it on a shelf! 

Isobel has named her Fiona, obviously!! What do you think to her?







9 comments:

  1. I do believe Fiona is unbelievably cute! She has a lovely nostalgic look to her! Well done! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona is looking lovely! I'm glad she's getting on well with the elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fiona Fiona!! She's oh so cute :D Lovely x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love them both and they go so well together...I bet they will be lifelong friends and get into lots of adventures together :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are soooo cute! I want one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i love them both ......fiona is just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love giraffes, I especially love Fiona the giraffe, she is super cute and she gives me new reason to learn how to crochet.... its my new year resolution after all! x

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love receiving and reading your comments and appreciate the time spent when you do, so thank you very much ♥