Just a quick update about my mission to get my fitness back!
Some of you may remember me posting at the beginning of January at the start of my mission! For those of you who don't, here it is!
It has now been 7 weeks and I have regularly been going to the gym 3 times a week. I spend about 1hr 15mins each time. I started on the lowest levels and weights and struggled even with those, plus I had the old usual fatigue wall to contend with at first too!
BUT, surprisingly, the struggle only lasted a week! After that the levels on the cardio machines have been going up regularly and I can lift heavier weights with more repetitions. I have had to skip out the cross-trainer because my heart rate keeps shooting up to 171 bpm!
The absolute best part though, is that I have muscles!!! They show and everything!! My legs are tight, my backside is back to where it should be and my arms have some slight shape to them! The elephant looking cellulite has almost disappeared and my energy levels generally are constant and at a higher level!
This is fabulous obviously for my confidence levels but the most wonderful feeling is is that I can stick two fingers up to arthritis! I have fought my way through this disease with a positive mental attitude, even when I couldn't get on and off the toilet on my own, and now I can physically fight back too!
I love being at the gym because I can feel my body moving, I can see it moving and I get such a surge of gratefulness for everything I can do. You know how the saying goes....you don't know what you've got until it's gone, it is so true! I have been given a gift in life; to appreciate the simple things. The amount of times I suddenly think 'I can walk' and I get a buzz in my body is too many to count every day! I also love to fill every single day with being busy, even if it is only boring cleaning. I can never just sit around and not do anything, unless I am at someone else's house of course! I wish others could experience this gift the way I do!
This was only meant to be a quick update!!
Well done, such a hard slog for you and difficult to keep up I imagine. So many people have Arthritis and give up. I control mine with diet and Diatomaceous Earth, I found conventional medicine did little to help, just increasing doses of painkillers and anti-inflammatories until I felt like a zombie. I will have to start exercising more to see if it helps me, so thank you for another weapon in the fight.
ReplyDeleteWell done you ! I didnt realise you could exercise arthritus away you must be a very determined lady !
ReplyDeleteI have osteo arthritus in my knee and find the only exercise I can do is cycling so looking forward to the summertime.
Keep it up :) x