♥ I sew stuff, I crochet stuff, I make other stuff, I talk about stuff, and well...you know...stuff! ♥

November 2, 2011

Taking back my golden ball


Have any of you ever hoped that something in your life could be fixed, but not by you, by someone else? Do you ever feel sad about something or someone that you have no control over, if so, then you are giving your power away to that something or someone and allow it to control your thinking, feeling and behaviours. We talk about this on my counselling course as giving your golden ball away. This is illustrated beautifully in the fairy tale, The Frog Prince. The princess cannot possibly get her golden ball back from the bottom of the well herself, she hopes someone else can do it then along comes the frog and....well, you know the rest! You see, I have a void inside of me, I feel like something is missing. I generally feel absolutely fine for most of the time but then something happens and I am staring into the abyss and it just feels so empty and incredibly sad. I have spent about 23 years hoping for someone to fill that void, someone that was actually supposed to at the time of being a child, but now I am an adult, I need to stop needing that, to stop hoping for something external that is out of my control. I need to take my golden ball back. So today, I am going to take it back, I am going to write a letter with rather a lot in it to that person, and then I am going to look forward and enjoy the absolutely wonderful, amazing and happy life that I currently have. And, I will never give my golden ball away to someone else, ever again.

I shall start with sharing some of the lovely, colourful things I have in my home that make me feel cheery and grateful.

This giraffe was beautifully hand carved by my absolutely wonderful and talented Grandpa for my daughter Isobel. This makes me smile because I love him a great deal so looking at this makes me think of him often.

Our gorgeous Bubs Bears, now that I have one too, they have all moved downstairs and sit on my pretty bookcase. Don't they look superb?

A package of party bags for a lovely customer that will be posted today. I am lucky and blessed to have a talent to make pretty things.

Did you know I have a thing about chickens? I would love to have some but my garden is too small. So here is my favourite chicken that Daniel bought me from Malham in Yorkshire on a holiday there one year. My chicken has a cute chink out of her comb which makes her special and unique!

I made this a few years ago now. This was made from a photo that was exactly like this, I love that my children have been permanently held in this moment on my fabric picture! 

Some more birthday loveliness from my children. I stuck these to my lounge window and I don't want to take them down. I am so lucky to have such lovely children that make things for me all the time!

My pretty sideboard that I LOVE! Always colourful!
Flowers that Isobel insisted I have so Daniel bought them home for me! Lucky me!

My bestest goodest friend (we've been friends for 15 years!) turned up unexpectedly yesterday with this huge bunch of lovely flowers for my birthday!

Yesterday I spent the day with little Isobel as she felt poorly. We had a lovely day, I am convinced she wasn't really poorly but she enjoyed being 'very little'! Today she is loads better!
Yesterday we had a postcard from Saffron's school, her French teacher had personally written us a card to say how well Saffron is doing and how enthusiastic she is at school! So that made me smile too! Saffron is a wonderfully enthusiastic, keen, interested, funny, polite young lady and I am so proud of her! 

So now I have taken my golden ball back, I have shown you some of the things that I have in my life that I can fill my life up with and move forward in my life.

Can you take your golden ball back, or even some of it?

9 comments:

  1. This is good to hear,thank you for sharing. It made me feel all very inspired! i wish you completeness and harmony xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic blog post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marina and Louise! I am glad it is inspiring, kind have what I hoped for! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done love x YOU can fill that void, you x x x cos you are special. I know this, cos I am special too (you know what I mean) x x x

    Jo x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jo! I do know what you mean! You're so lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeany I can't believe I wasn't following your blog!? Am now of course.
    A very moving post, I know that feeling very well... it passes thank goodness. Definitely a good idea to look around and count your blessings. i need to remind myself of that daily and take my golden ball back:) -with love Gabs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely illustration too. She looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all go through this from time to time, and your post is lovely and very heartwarming. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just read back over your blog, and found this, and it made me cry! Normally, that would be a bad thing, but you've just managed to articulate everything that I've been feeling recently, and in such a beautiful way.
    I wish you love, luck and happiness for your future - you're a beautiful, caring person, and you totally deserve it!!
    Stace xxx

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love receiving and reading your comments and appreciate the time spent when you do, so thank you very much ♥