♥ I sew stuff, I crochet stuff, I make other stuff, I talk about stuff, and well...you know...stuff! ♥

November 13, 2011

Woe is me


I have been having to put crafts on a bit of a back burner lately. I don't have any time for even cleaning my house when it needs it (this is not such a bad thing!). I had visions of me being able to stock up my shop with loads of gifts that would be perfect for Christmas presents but the reality is - I have a few cushion backs with no fronts, hoops with calico in but no design sitting in my craft drawer and ideas in my head that haven't been put into fruition. I am a bit gutted about this but it is all for the greater good!

You see my priority is my ambition to be a child therapist, I have already studied for two years and have  three left to go for the initial stages of this. I am only going to get one shot at University and I am not going to waste it! I do wonder sometimes if this is what I really want as I would also be quite happy throwing my all into Meanyjar and making a real go of it. But then I know that I wouldn't be totally happy unless I had achieved this goal that I am working towards. At the end of the day, once my career is well under way and the studying has dwindled down to CPD courses I will be able to sew, crochet and try my hand at new crafts more than I am now whilst living my dream at the same time!

At the moment I have a shawl that only comes out the crochet bag once a week if I am lucky, the beginnings of a mini project to make a stool cover that I could usually whip up within a week, have half made cushions and blank hoopla canvasses. Crafting is a massive part of who I am and I do really miss it, a bit like a homesickness kind of feeling?! But on the other hand I have a presentation, a case study, a mini essay, a self-supervision write-up, a school placement to prepare for and session notes all to write up before Christmas!!


Once the Christmas holidays are here I can relax more and spend more time with the girls and also spend loooong hours crafting my little socks off!! And I cannot wait! 

I sound like I am being negative but I do truly enjoy my course and everything that goes with it. I suppose I am being selfish and wanting it all! Maybe I should just be more patient and stop bloody moaning! Lets face it, I could have whipped up another square for my stool right now but I needed to get this off my chest and blogging really helps to sort my thoughts and feelings out (my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it)!

7 comments:

  1. Hi ....I think your a very lucky lady to have two loves in your life that you seem passionate about .. To do your coursework and look after two children and run a household Im surprised you have any time at all left for your crafting...so I think your doing a great job juggling your life at the moment..I admire you very much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I need to start gearing up for DD's birthday and Christmas. And perhaps a little bit of crafting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, stick with your course and take a deep breath - get that done and you will have that under your belt. The good thing about craft is that it will wait for you! It's a tough old market out there too, so sitting and watching from the sidelines might be quite wise, all whilst you have another career option in the pipeline.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you whoever you may be....you're very probably right! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craftyguider...you do always seem to be crafting for everybody else!!

    Catherine...I will do. I am just moaning, must be because I am British! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing really well my sweet:) I know the feeling you mean about homesickness not being able to craft!

    Because I have been concentrating on Web Site and ebay I dont have time to craft much and its soooo boring listing on the Sites, but enjoyable at the same time!

    As you say, you wont be able to do Uni again, but you will have plenty of time for crafting for the rest of your life and it is pretty tough out there with crafting at the mo:( Although I had a good day today:)

    You are being very wise:)
    love
    michelle x @CMTales on Twitter:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all go through times like this, when there just isn't enough time for everything. And you have to find time for your girls as well. I think it sounds as if you're incredibly focused and this is the time to go for the Uni but it does sound as if you have lots to research and write. What's for certain is that the craft stuff will always be there as a love, and what a fab love it is. I've only been able to put more time into my sewing because other things have eased off. x

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love receiving and reading your comments and appreciate the time spent when you do, so thank you very much ♥