♥ I sew stuff, I crochet stuff, I make other stuff, I talk about stuff, and well...you know...stuff! ♥

July 8, 2011

Project £4 drawers ta-dah moment!

      So here it is! Ta-dah!!
   
      This small chest of drawers was found outside a charity shop, getting wet in the rain! It looked like it had been kept outside for quite sometime and had maybe been kept in a barn as it had mud and dirt inside and out plus mouse droppings! I knew it would take a bit of hard work but for £4 I couldn't leave it! I love a bit of thrift!

       I blogged about it here previously but I still want to post the before and after's in the same post so you get the full effect of the difference made in my hard work!! Excuse the wobbly photos!













      So as you can see, it involved a lot of hard work but it has all been worth it! Has it's own little dents and bashes but it all adds to the character! Now I just need to think of where I want to put it!!

7 comments:

  1. You made a lovely job of it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great result - well done! Worth all that effort - are you going to polish those brass knobs every week now??? Pop a sprig of lavender under the wallpaper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks fabulous!!! Well done you & soooo worth all the elbow grease!!!

    Jo x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they look amazing!!! Well done, I can only imagine how much hard work went into your project! Love the smell of Brasso actually too, takes me back too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!! Well done, lovely feeling of achievement:)

    I have just achieved building my own Web Site!

    So that makes us 2 very proud ladies:)
    love
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    Adaliza - nice tip about the lavendar, I have plenty of it in my garden! And no, I doubt it will be every week!!

    Michelle - I am popping over to your website now to have a little looksie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. squee, how completely fabulous! love that you've given some old and unloved furniture a whole new lease of life... inspired me to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love receiving and reading your comments and appreciate the time spent when you do, so thank you very much ♥