♥ I sew stuff, I crochet stuff, I make other stuff, I talk about stuff, and well...you know...stuff! ♥

July 19, 2011

Crochet cushion ta-dah!

      Another ta-dah moment - I have been a busy girl!

      I really should have been painting this chair (seen at the bottom of the blog post) that I made this cushion for but I decided to crochet the cushion first. I had bought some lovely new brightly coloured wool and, as usual, I got excited about seeing it made into something!!

      Still obsessed with the granny square, I used the pattern from Attic24. I have forgotten where I found the raised joining stitch in between the squares, I know it was from a person on twitter but that's as far as my memory went so sorry if you wanted the pattern! Basically, it's like a single crochet that joins the stitches together - crap explanation, I know!

      The front of the cushion was crocheted gradually over the week, then the back was just one huge granny square that I spent 8 hours solidly crocheting last night - I didn't get to bed until 1am! Then the edging was finished this morning! The edging is called bobble-shell, also found on Attic24.

      I am loving the fact that as I gradually finish these crochet projects, my lounge gets more colourful, which is my goal really!! The more colour, the better! It's a bit like when you have a lovely bouquet of flowers in your room and it brightens everything up, including how you feel!

      So here is my little bright cushion! Ta-dah!!







      My next ta-dah moment, will be my huge granny square blanket which I aim to finish before I go to Wales with my mum and my girls. This gives me three weeks!! We are staying in a farmhouse and I would love to be able to snuggle on the sofa with it in the evenings and either be reading a book or crocheting the next blanket in the pipeline! Which will steer me away from the simple granny and be more complex!
   

2 comments:

♥ I love receiving and reading your comments and appreciate the time spent when you do, so thank you very much ♥