♥ I sew stuff, I crochet stuff, I make other stuff, I talk about stuff, and well...you know...stuff! ♥

April 26, 2013

Friday Felting

Last week I learnt to needle felt with the lovely Jenny Tidman. It was a course run by another lovely lady - Nicola Gouldsmith. I made a penguin, but I don't like it so I gave it to Isobel! It was a painstaking process that took a long time, I will needle felt again but I doubt it will become one of my main hobbies!

Slim-fast penguin!

We decided that our penguins all looked like their makers! 
It has been great to meet up with people that I speak to regularly on Twitter as we all 'met' because of crafting of some sort; until now I didn't know anyone that enjoyed the same hobbies as me. It feels weird at first as it's like you already know them so there's none of that putting on a persona business you do when you're with new people. The really positive part of meeting in real life is not having to talk to each other in 140 characters!!

Today I went to Jenny's for a friendly visit and she showed me how to wet felt. Wet felting is not something I have ever considered doing until last week when Jenny mentioned it. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I love the process and I made a pretty piece of felt. I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon too when we just talked for ages, very therapeutic!

Pretty felt piece!

I wasn't sure what to do with this piece at first, I knew it was going to be a flower but that's as far as I got. So I looked at it for a while once I got home and decided to take my scissors to it! Scary!

Snip snip!

At first I just rolled it together but it didn't look that nice and it didn't lay flat. So I had the bright idea of doing a running stitch all along it and pulling it together. That is amazing for me as I usually copy someone else's idea so I'm chuffed at actually having an imagination!

Me and my imagination! Yay!
Then I embellished it, I love a little bit of sparkle! I think it may be my new brooch!

Ta-dah!


I will most certainly be making more of these to try out different colour combinations and flower styles!

Thank you Jenny :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I love receiving and reading your comments and appreciate the time spent when you do, so thank you very much ♥