♥ I sew stuff, I crochet stuff, I make other stuff, I talk about stuff, and well...you know...stuff! ♥

August 8, 2011

Happy birthday Daniel and well done me!!

      This post is a mixture of things again!

      As some of you may know, I am a student counsellor, and I have just completed a two year access course. This week the certificate arrived in the post!! Makes it all seem real now and I have a sense of achievement! In September I will be starting University, not far off now!



      The next day, my Moo cards arrived too!! Click on this link if would like to order some for yourself and gain me some Moo money!




      Today I made some personalised bunting for a friend. My sewing machine decided to be a pain in the backside so it took me longer than it should! I would love a new sewing machine as my one is pretty awful and always has been so if you can recommend any, preferably ones that actually like stitching, then please leave a comment below. I have listed the bunting on my Folksy shop so people can order their very own personalised bunting!



      If you follow me on Twitter then you might have seen me posting lately about my boyfriends 30th birthday. I took him out for the day as a surprise to the races last weekend and this weekend I threw him a big party! I invited far too many people than could fit in my house and garden but nobody seemed to mind! Everybody had a brilliant time, we drunk too much drink and ate too much food! I bought all my barbecue meat from La Hogue Farm shop and it was deeeelicious! They are also on Twitter too. They were extremely helpful and let me buy it in three lots to spread the cost so it was all ready for me when I arrived! My Mum's boyfriend (a chef!) made all the salads and my lovely friend Emma made the desserts! I only made some cupcakes in the end! I felt completely rubbish yesterday and we had a lot of tidying and cleaning to do but it was all worth it! 

My cupcakes!

Trying to get a crowd shot!

Gazebo cosiness!

My daughter, saffron, whisking up some cream for Emma's pavlova!

Lovely Emma finishing the pavlova.

Childhood photo's!


Meat from La Hogue


My youngest daughter, Isobel, trying to stay awake but she's so tired!

Me and him!
      So now I have a relatively quiet week but then we are going away on Saturday for a week in Wales with my Mum!! Maybe I ought to do some ironing........nah!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, you have been busy!! Well done on your Diploma!!!:)

    You have 2 lovely Daughters, I always wanted Daughters. At one time I was tempted to dress my youngest Son in girls clothes!! hahaha But I have 2 Nieces, so that made up for it:)

    Party looked good! Thank God for gazebos!!

    Have a fab time in Wales
    love
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! Congratulations to you! Well done :) and Happy Birthday to your OH :)

    Jo x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a busy day! The cup cakes and bunting look fab... and congrats on your diploma!
    Your moo cards look great too... when I'm ready to order mine I think I may just use them and get you some moo points..

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love receiving and reading your comments and appreciate the time spent when you do, so thank you very much ♥